يستخدم هذا الموقع الكوكيز لجعل تصفحكم أفضل. ويعد استمراركم بتصفح الموقع موافقة على ذلك
KAPSARC seeks a passionate Senior Fellow to join its Program on Climate and Sustainability. The Senior Fellow will support research at the intersection of energy, technology, climate, and policy focusing on Saudi Arabia and climate change mitigation more broadly. Key areas include integrated assessment modeling, climate change adaptation and mitigation policies, international policies and regulations, clean energy technologies, socioeconomics and climate scenarios, and sustainability. Prior experience in integrated assessment modeling, preferably in computable general equilibrium models and with a focus on the Middle East region, is desirable.
Current projects: The KAPSARC Climate Adaptation and Mitigation Partnership (CAMP)
- Ph.D. in Public Policy, Economics, Energy, Engineering, or other energy industry-related field. A master’s degree is acceptable if research maturity in the field is demonstrated given job experience.
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Good communication skills and enthusiastic team player.
- Doctorate degree and 11+ years of relevant experience; or master's degree and 13+ years.
- Knowledge of integrated assessment models, scenarios, and/or international climate policies.
- Thorough knowledge of energy- or environment-related projects conducted by international groups and multinationals as well as familiarity with underlying policies and principles used to structure such projects.
- Demonstrated research experience in climate change research and carbon management.
- Record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Additional languages to English are a plus, especially Arabic.
- Initiate and/or contribute to climate policy research, modeling, and analysis.
- Provide strong expertise in constructing and assessing scenarios that are representative of the Paris Agreement, nationally determined contributions (NDCs), mid-century strategies (MCS), and net-zero emission pathways both globally and for Saudi Arabia.
- Provide strong expertise in developing and maintaining analytic models and analysis tools of climate mitigation policies for scientific inquiry and decision research, and to support and provide insights into climate change and sustainability-related research.
- Supervise and mentor project staff, including research associates, research assistants, technical and other support staff.
- Establish close collaboration with other researchers within the Climate and Sustainability Program and KAPSARC, along with other collaborating research institutions, government agencies, and decision-makers.
- Effectively communicate analyses and findings to stakeholders through written deliverables.
- Present analysis through stakeholder meetings, webcalls, podcasts, and third-party conferences where appropriate.