يستخدم هذا الموقع الكوكيز لجعل تصفحكم أفضل. ويعد استمراركم بتصفح الموقع موافقة على ذلك
The Health and Safety Associate is responsible for planning, coordinating, and providing expert and technical support for health and safety operations in its mission of protecting KAPSARC’s personnel, its community, its facilities and assets. He will provide consulting services to KAPSARC Management in the development and formulation of safety and health policy. He will furnish guidelines to all KAPSARC departments on health & safety procedures and practices, provide technical advice and assistance in the selection and integration of any new health systems into KAPSARC facilities as well as develop, prepare and coordinate a contingency plan for KAPSARC. He will administer and manage government correspondence and serve as a liaison with various government health agencies. He will administer and maintain the computerized access control functions at vital facilities, report to and receive overall guidance from the Safety, Security & Transportation Director. He will provide direction and coordination of all health activities in KAPSARC Community. He will be in charge of the enforcement of all general health regulations to KAPSARC facilities and community by using his knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace and community.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in occupational health or similar field typically required (electrical, mechanical, civil).
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Excellent command of the English language (spoken/written).
- 4-7 years of experience in all aspects of health operations.
- Major Responsibilities:
- Preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy
- Provides appropriate safety and health, accident prevention and developing measures to prevent recurrences
- Makes provision for adequate and appropriate training to be given to all employees
- Carries out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Monitors all work permits and external contractor impact on community safety
- Makes changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation
- Coordinates all reasonable safety-orientated requests
- Supports the Safety Management Information System (SMIS) by recording all accident reports in a timely, complete, and accurate manner
- Identifying, assessing and managing health and safety risks and considering how risks could be reduced
- Implementing health and safety risk management programs relevant to their operations, teaching, research and consulting functions and work environment
- Carries out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and to record the findings on the relevant forms.
- Producing management reports, newsletters and bulletins
- Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g., fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases
- Performs all health responsibilities at the KAPSARC-wide level, providing assistance and direction to all departments and the community in general
- Maintains the sensitive documents health program and investigation of all violations that occur at KAPSARC
- Coordinates and assists in implementing safety and health programs for protection of KAPSARC offices, facilities and residential areas
- Oversees the health department’s budgeting function and expenditure program
- Other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by management