About the program
The program is designed to build on the existing negotiation expertise and experience of the participants. They will be provided with tools to move from experienced to expert negotiators, by improving their conceptual understanding of their own negotiations through the application of a practical framework and improved self-awareness.
The program will cover the following topics:
- Key principles and conceptual frameworks to employ when preparing for and conducting negotiations
- Creation of value and increased deal efficiency through the deployment of integrative negotiation tactics
- The role of contingency elements in contracts to leverage difference in expectations across parties and to provide ‘skin in the game’ deals to create and nurture productive, long-term relationships
- Strengths and weaknesses of individual negotiation styles (strategic, psychological and emotional)
- Identification and removal of barriers to agreement, establishment of trust, conflict de-escalation and resolution
- The psychology of judgment and decision-making as applied to negotiation including the identification of, and defense from, common persuasion and manipulation techniques.