The Advisor to the President serves as a senior consultant responsible for providing professional advice and guidance to the KAPSARC President. He/She is responsible for advising and working closely with the President in pursuing KAPSARC’s aims and objectives by ensuring best-in-class support on strategic and business decisions.
He/She undertakes business relationships on behalf of the President in determining significant KAPSARC short-term and long-term objectives. The incumbent should be able to act independently in accomplishing assigned tasks with only minimal supervision and review of completed work by the President.
- A college degree in Business, Education, or Behavioral Sciences is required; a Master’s in Business Administration is preferred but not mandatory.
- Proven ability to initiate, build, and maintain successful business relationships.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision on relatively unstructured tasks.
- Extensive knowledge of social, economic, and governmental networks Kingdom-wide as well as internationally.
- Excellent command of Arabic and English language (spoken and written)
- Has a strategic mindset and top-down problem-solving capabilities; able to think holistically without losing attention to details.
- Possesses strong analytical skills and is able to leverage and translate data into easy-to-understand briefings that drive impactful business decisions.
- Professional, reliable, trustworthy, and discreet.
- Has a passion for and commitment to shaping and driving the right goals.
- Possesses the ability to manage multiple projects across disciplines.
- Thorough knowledge of culture and proficient in working across cultures.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to efficiently deal with diverse population and stakeholders.
- Ability to balance time commitments to multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to keep strategic guidance and mission in mind in the pursuit of KAPSARC’s intellectual interest.
- Coordinate KAPSARC’s efforts in the alignment of research/advisory priorities with the energy ecosystem.
- Proactively prepare in-depth, critical analyses, briefings, and recommendations on current and potential relationships and collaborations with various stakeholders.
- Work with KAPSARC Leadership to link planned collaborations to strategy and track deliverables associated with collaborations.
- Cultivate and manage KAPSARC collaborations and partnerships.
- Prepare feedback for the President and ensure that relevant input from KAPSARC key personnel and other supplemental data are taken into account.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain a range of local and international relationships and networks for the President in promoting KAPSARC’s mission and objectives.
- Provide advice to the KAPSARC President on external engagements.
- Ensure KAPSARC meets its commitments to its partners.
- Manage knowledge information appropriately so that it is easily available to the President.
- Plan and prepare the President’s meetings, including developing agenda, content, and key messages.
- Track, analyze, and provide advice on the full range of issues.
- Conduct analyses to resolve issues that don’t need the President’s attention.
- Be a role model and representative for the President and his staff.
The link has been copied to the clipboard