King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and Research Center (KAPSARC)
“I call for objective, independent research into the world’s greatest energy challenges, unbiased by political pressures and influences.”King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and Research Center (KAPSARC) is an advisory think tank within global energy economics and sustainability providing services to entities and authorities in the Saudi energy sector.
Based in Riyadh, we are a community of thinkers combining human ingenuity, expertise, and research to solve pressing global energy challenges. Through our advisory services to the energy ecosystem, KAPSARC’s experts provide day-to-day insights and updates using a multidisciplinary team approach to drive long-term value and deliver tangible results at scale.
Vision: To be a leading advisory think tank in energy economics and sustainability.
- Provide advice to the Saudi energy sector using our analytical capabilities and expertise.
- Produce internationally-recognized research, tools and data to impact global policymaking.
- Incubate distinctive talent for the advancement of Saudi Arabia’s energy sector.
- Use KAPSARC’s unique foundations and resources for novel initiatives to maximize institutional impact.
Advance Saudi Arabia’s energy sector and inform global policies through evidence-based advice and applied research.
KAPSARC is proud of the strength of its international ties with research institutes, public policy organizations and government institutions worldwide. Its collaborations allow it to further enrich its research output. They include:
- Arabian Gulf University (Bahrain)
- Atlantic Council (United States)
- Center for Strategic and International Studies (United States)
- China National Petroleum Corporation – Institute of Economics and Technology
- China Sustainable Transport Center
- Derasat (Bahrain)
- Development Research Center (China)
- Electricity and Cogeneration Regulatory Authority (KSA)
- Energy Research Institute of the NDRC (China)
- Gulf Cooperation Council Interconnection Authority (KSA)
- Imperial College (United Kingdom)
- Khalifa University of Science and Technology (UAE)
- King Abdullah City for Atomic and Renewable Energy (KSA)
- King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KSA)
- Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research
- Ministry of Economy and Planning (KSA)
- Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (KSA)
- Saudi Aramco (KSA)
- Saudi Electricity Company (KSA)
- Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (KSA)
- TERI University (India)
- The Energy and Resources Institute (India)
- The Institute for Energy Economics (Japan)
- World Bank
*KSA = Kingdom of Saudi Arabia