يوضح المنحنى تراجع معدلات انبعاثات ثاني أكسيد الكربون الناجمة عن احتراق الوقود في المملكة من 508.3 مليون طن في عام 2019 إلى 491.8 مليون طن في عام 2020. تعرض ورقة #كابسارك أسباب تراجع معدلات هذه الانبعاثات: kapsarc.org/ar/research/pu… https://t.co/ih3m8tLATC12:45 - January 23, 2022
King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and Research Center (KAPSARC)
“I call for objective, independent research into the world’s greatest energy challenges, unbiased by political pressures and influences.”King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
KAPSARC was founded as a non-profit institution for independent research into global energy economics. It brings together an international group of expert researchers of more than 15 nationalities.
From its base in one of the world’s most important energy-producing regions, KAPSARC develops economic frameworks to help achieve effective alignment between energy policy objectives and outcomes.
KAPSARC researchers collaborate with leading international research centers, public policy organizations, and industrial and government institutions, to share knowledge, insights and analytical frameworks.
Affordable, sustainable energy underpins the growth of a country’s economy and the wellbeing of its citizens. As such, effective energy policy is one of the greatest challenges for governments and other stakeholders across the globe.
Through its research, KAPSARC aims to improve societal well-being and prosperity both in the region and worldwide.
To advance the understanding of energy economics and to act as a catalyst for dialogue, charting a path to better welfare for societies, locally and globally.
Three key values guide our work:
- Combining creativity and rigor in our research and operations.
- Achieving results through effective teamwork and collaboration.
- Maximizing a positive societal impact.
KAPSARC is an independent, non-profit institution located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The Center was established by the Saudi Council of Ministers, and its facilities were opened in 2013. KAPSARC’s activities are funded in perpetuity by an endowment provided by the Government of Saudi Arabia.
The endowment enables researchers to conduct independent, objective research without the need to raise capital and without pressure from external donors.
The Board of Trustees has controlling authority over the Center’s affairs, policies and governance. Chaired by the Minister of Energy, it comprises the president, three international members and three Saudi members.
The Center is supported by the International Advisory Council, a group of globally recognized energy thought leaders who advise the Center on its ongoing programs and research projects.
KAPSARC is proud of the strength of its international ties with research institutes, public policy organizations and government institutions worldwide. Its collaborations allow it to further enrich its research output. They include:
- Arabian Gulf University (Bahrain)
- Atlantic Council (United States)
- Center for Strategic and International Studies (United States)
- China National Petroleum Corporation – Institute of Economics and Technology
- China Sustainable Transport Center
- Derasat (Bahrain)
- Development Research Center (China)
- Electricity and Cogeneration Regulatory Authority (KSA)
- Energy Research Institute of the NDRC (China)
- Gulf Cooperation Council Interconnection Authority (KSA)
- Imperial College (United Kingdom)
- Khalifa University of Science and Technology (UAE)
- King Abdullah City for Atomic and Renewable Energy (KSA)
- King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KSA)
- Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research
- Ministry of Economy and Planning (KSA)
- Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (KSA)
- Saudi Aramco (KSA)
- Saudi Electricity Company (KSA)
- Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (KSA)
- TERI University (India)
- The Energy and Resources Institute (India)
- World Bank
*KSA = Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
70% of the energy consumed in Saudi households goes to cooling, ranking Saudi Arabia the third-biggest consumer of cooling in the G20, after USA and China ⚡️ For more information on the Kingdom's power sector: bit.ly/3wX4PiI https://t.co/1eaoDpvQjd12:30 - January 20, 2022
صنفت منظمة الصحة العالمية الهند من بين أكثر الدول تلوثًا للهواء، وذلك نتيجة المستويات المرتفعة لانبعاثات عوادم المركبات. تستعرض دراسة #كابسارك سبل تعزيز انتشار المركبات الكهربائية في الهند والتحديات التي تواجهها. للمزيد: kapsarc.org/ar/research/pu… https://t.co/TLZzXysSv810:30 - January 19, 2022