KAPSARC seeks a passionate Fellow to carry out as part of its program on Oil & Gas. He/She will demonstrate at least 10 years of experience in the financial or consulting sector, including analysis of market fundamentals, and knowledge in forecasting oil and gas markets in the areas of supply, demand, inventories, and prices. Experience in oil trading, and financial analysis of commodity markets for the banking sector is beneficial. Candidates that have partially completed or are actively pursuing the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation are preferred. Specific aspects of your analysis include the oil prices, volatility, and pricing structure, arbitrage differentials, refining margins, freight costs, oil trading, market forecast, etc.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in energy market analysis/forecasting at a private bank, commodity trading firm, or other international financial institution (e.g., IMF, The World Bank, …)
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or economics.
- Preferred to have passed a minimum of the CFA exam level I.
- Ability to prepare financial analysis reports, analyze market trades and trading strategies.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with other statistical programs (e.g., MATLAB Financial toolbox, R, EViews), and correlation modeling
- Track record in energy market analysis and forecasting (oil markets particularly), building financial reports for both short- and mid-term outlooks.
- Deep knowledge about financial trading processes and instruments.
- Strong motivation to support advisory services to the Saudi Energy Ecosystem.
- Knowledge in oil and gas pricing, trading mechanisms and markets, energy geopolitics, and forecasting agencies is ideal.
- Show expertise in the following subjects: Pricing mechanisms, volatility, drivers of energy market shocks and fundamentals, financial analysis, global and Middle Eastern energy market developments, and trade.
- Strong communication skills and enthusiastic team player.
- Ability to meet deadlines with the expectation of working outside normal hours on occasion.
- Proven track record in writing reports without the need for editors.
- Update/develop forecasting models and corresponding reports regularly.
- Work in advisory-level role to support local decision- and policymakers.
- Assist in evaluating novel approaches to energy-based economic development.
- Prepare financial analysis of oil and gas markets, both short and mid-term.
- Collect, manage, and analyze data.
- Prepare and, if needed, give oral and written presentations at conferences and workshops.
- Respond in a speedy matter to ad hoc requests.
- Continue career development through on-the-job training and other means of development.
The link has been copied to the clipboard