IT Operations Manager will set and maintain the standards for our IT operations and infrastructure team, across all our processes and activities. The position is for a passionate results-oriented and driven IT Operation Manager with experience of managing services levels and IT teams to deliver excellent IT services and operations, exceeding expectations. From guiding the IT operations staff to implementing plans, the role will blend expertise with digital ingenuity, creating an IT function that can match world-class operations and infrastructure. Continuously challenge the status quo, and recommend innovative ideas to further optimize the IT operating models. The position will act as a focal point of contact representing IT to internal and external stakeholders.
- 12 years of IT operations & Infrastructure experience of which at least 5 years in a management/lead role, providing technical leadership and guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology-related degree (essential).
- Certified in one or more of the following IT service and quality management frameworks (ISO, ITIL, COBIT) (essential).
Skills (all essential)
- Advanced knowledge of IT operations & infrastructure, with sound fundamentals in business continuity, and project rollouts.
- Knowledgeable on hybrid infrastructure environment.
- Ability to recruit, manage and schedule work for helpdesk and support staff, as well as third party service providers.
- Awareness of Information Security principles and practice.
- Fluent in English speaking, writing and presentations.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to identify IT training needs.
- Ability to manage a cross-functional team as well as on-site/off-site resource operating model.
- Ability to manage disruption of critical IT services with appropriate communication and resolution tactics.
- Ability to build excellent rapport with key business stakeholders and KAPSARC executive management.
- Ability to work with multiple vendors on technical and commercial scope.
- Ability to communicate IT services, proposals, or solutions to a technical or non-technical audience.
- Ability to manage multitude of IT technologies, tools, and systems with strong business and financial acumen.
- Ability to understand the client's operational needs and how they relate to what KAPSARC IT offers.
- Ability to manage in a high demand/volume work environment with changing priorities.
- IT Operations management
- Manage the daily IT operations including data center infrastructure (network, servers, databases, storage, IP telephony, conference systems, IPTV, backups, etc.), and cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, SaaS etc.).
- Ensure production systems are maintained to the latest patches and following cybersecurity compliances.
- Own the Priority 1 incidents to resolution, be the escalation point for operational interruptions and maintain robustness of IT infrastructure.
- Accountable for all VIP/Executive IT requests and support.
- Validate impact from software and hardware rollouts to ensure minimal impact on production systems.
- Manage and control IT assets, and conduct periodic reviews of utilization to find better ways to increase efficiency and optimize cost.
IT Service management
- Ensure IT services within the IT Service catalog are delivered with quality by following processes, standards, and operating procedures. Close gaps, as necessary.
- Deliver a world-class modern workplace experience for KAPSARC employees with the right mix of end-user equipment and self-service platforms.
- Operate IT services with optimal resource utilization balancing on-site and off-site headcount. Identify training needs as applicable.
- Generate periodic reports to executive management and publish IT communications on product launches, IT initiatives, maintenance windows and IT awareness sessions.
- Maintain IT policies, procedures, manuals and other documentations.
IT Performance & Availability management
- Optimize the IT operating model for improved operational efficiency, supporting agile developments and rapid technology scalability.
- Ensure IT services are delivered within SLAs and KPIs. Identify scope for continuous improvement to maintain high satisfaction levels.
- Refresh IT equipment to ensure active warranty and support period for datacenter infrastructure equipment and end-user computer equipment.
- Build a comprehensive disaster recovery solution to meet business continuity requirements with the technology, plan, and drills, as necessary.
IT Relationship management
- Liaise with business to identity IT demands, maintain demand pipeline and develop solution proposals as necessary (infrastructure, software, subscriptions etc.).
- Work closely with the IT Director on new initiatives and improving IT efficiency. Collaborate with management to ensure IT services are meeting expectations.
- Manage the IT operation teams including HelpDesk, Infrastructure, and monitoring teams.
IT Financials management
- Maintain annual IT operating and capital expenditure budget spanning equipment renewals, subscriptions, and licenses.
- Liaise with Finance and Procurement departments for external projects scope definition, vendor selection, and vendor service acceptance and delivery penalties if applicable.
- Manage contract with outsourced vendor for resourcing, billing, project management and performance monitoring.
The link has been copied to the clipboard