The Legal Counsel will advise internal staff and interact with external parties on behalf of the Center regarding commercial transactions, intellectual property rights and employment related issues. Responsibilities include drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide variety of agreements with public and private sector parties, supporting regulatory compliance and facilities management, advising internal clients on research protocols and related intellectual property issues and on contract procurement rules and requirements, providing advice on conflicts of interest, and managing other legal risks.
- Law degree(s) from an accredited Saudi, U.S., U.K. or other common law school.
- Qualified to practice law in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or common law jurisdiction, with exposure to local regulatory bodies.
- 15 - 20 years practice experience in a broad range of legal areas within a complex organizational structure, with at least 5 years in a management or equivalent position.
- 5+ years’ experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of public and private sector legal agreements.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage staff, guide them and develop them to conduct the legal department requirements.
- Ability to interact confidently and effectively with internal clients and external parties at all organizational levels.
- Proactive, problem-solving approach and ability to act on one’s own initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and effectively deliver results which help to achieve organizational objectives.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Exceptional integrity, presence, maturity, judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability to quickly earn the trust and confidence of the Center’s management and other stakeholders, including government officials, renowned scientists, international business executives and employees.
- Culturally sophisticated, comfortable dealing with people from all cultures.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage resistance.
- Flexible, collaborative, and adaptable.
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment without highly developed policies or procedures.
- A passion for KAPSARC’s mission.
- Develop KAPSARC’s legal strategy, system and infrastructure in conjunction with the Center’s leadership.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of non-profit and private sector agreements, and support contract administration.
- Provide legal analysis and conduct related research to provide high-quality, sound legal advice and representation to the President and other officers of KAPSARC in all areas of law, including intellectual property, corporate and business transactions, employment and labor matters affecting:
Policies, programs, practices, and activities
External relations and transactions with other research and financial institutions, facilities management contractors and subcontractors, and other business organizations
Investment and overseas subsidiaries
- Manage legal oversight of the Center and compliance with Code of Ethics and Conduct and applicable laws and regulations including monitoring, review and analysis of applicable Saudi and international laws, in handling investigations and potential conflicts of interest, and in developing a systematic ethics and compliance program.
- Coordinate with outside counsel retained to represent KAPSARC.
- Respond to and ensure compliance with orders, requests and directives by regulatory authorities.
- Recommend and help develop improvements to regulatory processes and procedures.
- Cultivate working relationships with government agencies involved in specifying or regulating any part of the Center’s operations.
The link has been copied to the clipboard