KAPSARC seeks passionate, experienced researchers to undertake empirical studies and evidence-based policy analysis as part of its climate change centered research program. Research Analysts should have experience in one or more of the following subject areas:
· Energy efficiency and demand-side management.
· Carbon capture and storage (CCS) and low-carbon oil.
· Renewable energy and low-carbon power systems.
· Global climate policy frameworks (UNFCCC and Paris Agreement) and policy mechanisms (carbon pricing, cap and trade, etc.).
· Green growth and climate finance.
· Climate-energy-water nexus and adaptation/resilience issues specific to the GCC.
- Required: A bachelor degree in economics or a related field
- Preferred: a Master degree (or equivalent) in economics or a related field
- Preferred: some experience of working as an applied economist
- Good command of the English language (spoken/written)
- The Research Analyst should be skilled in one or more of the following areas:
- Energy systems and/or economic modeling.
- Climate policy and climate impact risk assessments using real options analysis, stochastic optimization and/or Monte Carlo techniques.
- Making substantial contributions to long-term original research projects and contributing to academic-quality publications and timely policy briefs.
The successful candidate will contribute to projects led by Research Fellows and will be encouraged to further develop their analytical and writing skills. The candidate will conduct research and high-quality analyses relevant to Saudi Arabia’s stakeholders. KAPSARC’s research is analytical and policy-oriented and is conducted in a dynamic, multicultural environment by a team of highly qualified and experienced specialists.
- Conduct and disseminate research through effective communication approaches that meet the needs of different audiences and maximize the impact of KAPSARC’s work.
- Collaborate effectively within KAPSARC and its policy networks to ensure that KAPSARC’s advice on climate change and environmental policy is developed and disseminated consistently and coherently.
- Identify research opportunities in climate change that are relevant for Saudi Arabia and GCC countries and their economic diversification interests.
- Carry out advanced modeling, risk analysis or economics work.
- Draft sections of KAPSARC policy papers, working papers and academic papers. Contribute to timely briefs on relevant topics that are clear, concise and reader-friendly.
- Participate in research networks and policy-relevant workshops.
- Deliver effective presentations at conferences and workshops.
The link has been copied to the clipboard