This postdoctoral position will focus on the application of a wide range quantitative methods (econometrics, data science, formal models, computational methods) to research questions that address the intersection of political, economic, and social phenomena with energy market sand energy policy. The successful candidate will demonstrate experience in applying quantitative techniques to address practical questions. Solid training in one or more quantitative approaches is essential. The best candidates should have well-rounded methodological skill-set that could be applied to a range of potential research questions. However, candidates with deep knowledge and skill in a particular quantitative approach will be considered.
Research Associate – Computational Social Science
- Auto req ID 161BR
- Ph.D. in a relevant discipline (e.g., political science, economics, sociology, demography)
- Excellent command of the English language (both spoken and written).
- Proficiency in working with advanced computational, statistical, and/or computer programming software, such as Stata, Mathematica, R, Python, and/or C++.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Willingness to creatively apply knowledge of non-economic literature to the energy economics and energy policy domains.
- Must be willing and excited to work with economists, social scientists, mathematicians, computer scientists, and other researchers to produce policy-relevant output.
- Further the theoretical foundations of, and identify the explanations for, the impact of non-economic factors on global energy markets.
- Contribute to research projects and apply advanced quantitative techniques to successfully complete research, with the intent to publish in peer-reviewed journals as well as KAPSARC publications.
- Collaboration with the research team as well as international partners to produce peer-reviewed quality work.
- Translation of findings that rely on empirical, quantitative, and/or computational techniques to policymakers and other senior decision-makers.
- Present and share research findings at international conferences and events, as well as with key stakeholders in Saudi Arabia and the region.