KAPSARC seeks a passionate Research Associate to contribute to its program on Markets & Industrial Development. The researcher will cover developments in the entire value chain of the natural gas industry including supply and demand analysis. Key areas include an understanding of modeling, economics, trends in development and demand, geopolitics, and an understanding of the full supply chain of natural gas and its intersection with oil from production, through transportation via pipeline and LNG, and finally products and consumer behavior. The position will also support oil analyses.
- Degrees in Economics, Econometrics, or other energy industry-related field. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- Education in both economics and engineering preferred.
- Excellent oral communication skills, enthusiastic team player, flexible to work on several dynamic and quick turnaround projects at once.
- Minimum five years’ experience in gas markets; experience in oil markets a plus.
- Consultancy/industry/market reporting experience is highly desirable.
- Solid understanding of gas and oil supply chains and natural gas end-use sectors.
- Well informed on issues affecting natural gas markets, including supply and demand, regulations, and policy.
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams in an advisory role.
- Contribute to the development of a short-term and long-term outlook for the gas market, including a detailed and granular view within the Middle East and Saudi Arabia.
- Apply knowledge of the natural gas industry to specific advisory and applied research products and assignments.
- Understand the role of gas in the energy transition in the global context with a particular focus on the Middle East and Saudi Arabia.
- Conduct country, regional and global analyses of the natural gas sector.
- Effectively communicate analyses and findings to advisory stakeholders and clients through presentations and written deliverables via meetings, web calls, podcasts, and third-party conferences.
- Develop and maintain analytic models and tools to support gas advisory services and applied research.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the strategic direction of gas market advisory services and research.
- Participate in analytical engagements providing insights into gas and oil markets.
- Support oil forecasts, analyses, and modeling.
The link has been copied to the clipboard