The Research Fellow – Gas Markets will cover developments in the upstream gas industry including supply and demand analysis. Key areas include an understanding of modeling, economics, trends in development and demand, geopolitics, and an understanding of the full supply chain from production, through transportation via pipeline and LNG, and finally products and consumer behavior.
Research Fellow – Gas Markets
- Auto req ID 262BR
- Ph.D. in Economics, Econometrics, Engineering, or other energy industry-related field. A master’s degree is acceptable if research maturity in the field is demonstrated given job experience.
- Significant years of professional experience in the experience in in oil and gas markets.
- Industry/consultancy/market reporting experience would be an advantage.
- Education in both economics and engineering preferred.
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Good communication skills and enthusiastic team player.
- Additional languages to English are a plus, especially Arabic.
- Assist research team activities by producing deadline-driven analysis and research, provide suggestions for additional useful content and value-added information, and support with continued flow of crucial thought-leading research papers.
- Prepare analyses of relevant issues including economics of gas markets.
- Analyze supply/demand/inventories and trade forecasting.
- Market Strategy (domestic/international issues, economics).
- Monitor regional markets and prepare reports.
- Participate in KAPSARC’s conferences, events, publications, etc.