KAPSARC seeks a passionate research fellow to carry out analysis and research as part of its research program on Energy Transitions and Electric Power. The research work includes, among others, economics and risks of the energy transitions,sustainable finance and infrastructure investment, electricity demand and supply analysis, decarbonization pathways, emerging business models,innovations in electricity markets, regulatory reforms, and renewables’ integration on the grid. Working as part of the research team on Energy Transitions and Electric Power, the successful candidate will contribute to KAPSARC’s objective to ensure research projects result in high quality and actionable policy options. KAPSARC’s research work involves a mix of analytical and policy-oriented research which is conducted in a dynamic, multicultural environment by a team of highly qualified and experienced analysts, engineers,planners, and economists.
Research Fellow (Innovations in Electricity Markets)
- Auto req ID 249BR
- A Ph.D. degree in economics, energy economics, public policy or related field.
- Excellent command of the English language (spoken/written).
- Previous experience in research and analysis of energy and electricity markets, preferably within a research organization or an international organization.
- Thorough knowledge of international issues related to energy transitions and electricity markets.
- Strong experience of working in evidence-based public policy developments.
- Strong experience in drafting, editing and producing evidence-based policy papers, working papers, reports, and other publications.
- Strong communication skills and enthusiastic team player, and excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- Lead work on understanding the economics of electricity markets, emerging business models in power sector, consumer behavior, tariff design and innovations in electricity markets.
- Lead work on economically efficient policy instruments for incentivizing a just and orderly energy transition and a sustainable power generation mix.
- Lead analysis of market, policy and regulatory frameworks for power system and market operations.
- Design, conduct and disseminate research through effective communication approaches that meet the needs of stakeholders.