KAPSARC seeks an experienced economist to contribute to its ongoing and future research projects in the fields of energy economics and macroeconomics. The selected candidate will work within the Energy and Macroeconomics Program. The main focus of the research fellow should be on one of the two – preferably at the crossroad of both – research fields. The candidate must be interested in working on Saudi Arabia.
- Ph.D. in economics.
- A proven track record of publications in peer-reviewed general-interest economics journals, in journals specialized in macroeconomics, or in leading field journals in energy economics.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- (Min 10 years after Ph.D.) working in macroeconomic and energy policy analysis, preferably within a research organization, government, or an international organization.
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical capability to understand and develop economic models to be used for policymaking (with an emphasis on CGE and/or DSGE)
- A good understanding of the energy market
- The successful candidate is expected to:
- Develop and contribute to research projects and collaborate with other researchers.
- Conduct quantitative economic research on energy or macroeconomics relevant to policymaking in Saudi Arabia or GCC countries.
- Lead and mentor junior team members.
- Improve and develop models.
- Write discussion papers, policy briefs, and other materials derived from research.
- Publish research outcomes in peer-reviewed journals
- Contribute to the center’s activities
The link has been copied to the clipboard