KAPSARC seeks a passionate results-oriented Senior Fellow to conduct advisory and applied research as part of its program on Oil and Gas. He/She will cover developments in the refining and petrochemical value chain of the hydrocarbon industry. Key areas include an understanding of modeling, economics, trends in development and demand, geopolitics, an understanding of the value chain, and final products and consumer behavior.
- Ph.D. in Economics, Econometrics, Engineering, or other energy industry-related field. A master’s degree is acceptable if research maturity in the field is demonstrated given job experience.
- Education in both economics and engineering preferred.
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Good communication skills and enthusiastic team player.
- Solid understanding of gas and oil supply chains and natural gas end-use sectors.
- Well informed on issues affecting petrochemical markets, including supply and demand, regulations, and policy.
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams in an advisory role.
- Excellent oral communication skills, enthusiastic team player, flexible to work on several dynamic and quick turnaround projects at once.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in petrochemical, oil, and gas markets.
- Consultancy/industry/market reporting experience is highly desirable.
- Leadership and management experience in a team environment.
- Additional languages to English are a plus, especially Arabic.
- Contribute to the development of a short-term and long-term outlook for the petrochemicals and refining market, including a detailed and granular view within the Middle East and Saudi Arabia.
- Evaluate the capital efficiency in the domestic petrochemical industry and the impact of energy price reforms on its competitiveness and growth.
- Evaluate regulatory issues and policies that impede the petrochemical sector expansion and propose alternative solutions to counter market entry barriers.
- Understand factors emerging from the petrochemical sector that influence oil demand in the short and long term.
- Estimate the demand for oil from petrochemical feedstocks and petrochemical products into their equivalent amount demanded for oil across all petrochemical refineries in all regions.
- Apply knowledge of the petrochemical and downstream hydrocarbon to specific advisory products and assignments.
- Contribute toward the global analysis of the refining and petrochemicals sectors.
- Effectively communicate analyses and findings to advisory stakeholders and clients through presentations and written deliverables via meetings, web calls, podcasts, and third-party conferences.
- Develop and maintain analytic models and tools to support oil, gas and petrochemical market applied research and energy economics teams.
- Participate in analytical engagements providing insights into refining and petrochemicals markets.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the strategic direction of petrochemical and downstream hydrocarbon market research.
- Lead and manage small teams on complex and interdisciplinary assignments to support advisory and applied research.
The link has been copied to the clipboard