Responsiblefor admin tasks that support all Library services including lending, acquisitions,inventory, physical material retrieval and shelving. The post holder alsoprovides administrative support and bookings support for the Research Libraryevents programs and assists with maintaining accurate records across allLibrary activities. The post holder will take part in the inquiry desk rota asrequired.
Research Library Administrator
- Auto req ID 263BR
- Qualifications in business or admin would be desirable
- Considerable experience of using MS Office Suite
- Experience of Library related systems would be advantageous
- High level of proficiency in English – written and verbal communication skills are required
- High level of proficiency in Arabic – written and verbal communication skills are required
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an office environment
- Attention to detail
- Accurate keyboard skills
- Ability to build and sustain effective working relationships within the Research Library department and across KAPSARC
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Good team working skills
- Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Check inventory items against lists
- Assist with library orders for new materials and subscriptions
- Arrange visits and get visitor passes, arrange refreshments etc.
- Participate in audits of the library collections
- Arrange meetings for the Chief Librarian
- Keep track of stationary and place orders
- Maintain files of relevant information – both printed and electronic
- Input information into the library system about new books, subscriptions and journals
- Monitor the Research library email box and forwards messages to the most appropriate person
- Prepare and circulate agendas and other documents for meetings.
- Support the Research Library events programme
- Support the preparation of statistical and other reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required.