The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for defining business requirements, outlining problems, and working with different cross-functional teams to define and deliver solutions.
The position will be the key point of contact from the IT team to the business and must oversee the business process analysis and execute the collection, elicitation, and recording of business requirements.
- Certified in ITIL, PMI PMP Project Management or related
- Must have at least 8 years of Business Analyst, IT or related experience.
- Experience and practical knowledge of multi-skilled Agile delivery techniques.
- Experience of leading / managing / developing multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams to deliver against agreed business strategy/plans.
- Preferred to have good working knowledge of Maths and Economics.
- Excellent leadership skills to manage upwardly to senior executives as well as motivate core team members.
- Business and technical change / transformation experience.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Project, Azure DevOps or alternative planning tools and produce project plans as required.
- Proven presentation and negotiation skills.
- High level technology knowledge such as database concepts.
- Demonstrated experience of requirements and process visual modeling via diagrams.
- Should have awareness of new techniques and technologies such as AI/Machine Learning.
- Demonstrable creative thinking and analytical skills.
- High level understanding of the application development lifecycle and Agile software practices.
- Should have working knowledge of Business Intelligence, Reporting or Dashboarding tools such as PowerBI and Tableau.
- Effectively communicate issues with software team and propose solutions.
- Excellent experience of Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Used Agile tools (such as JIRA, Azure DevOps, or others) to document requirements.
- Be able to work independently and with a team.
- Work well under pressure and be able to produce attractive presentations.
- Strong English communication skills, verbal and written.
- Based on interaction with business units, the Senior Business Analyst will propose and document innovative ideas which will drive value to KAPSARC. This includes managing the relations and communication with business and support departments.
- Understand business problems, analyze the need and devise change strategies, working with the technical teams on suitable solutions.
- Drive change and facilitate stakeholder collaboration.
- Document and evaluate the business case for a proposed change with supported high-level project plans.
- Understand business requirements, documenting and simplifying them so they are suitable for technical teams.
- Requirements modeling, management, communication and supporting User Acceptance processes.
- Document non-functional requirements from users by asking specific questions such as expected performance per user request.
- Locate inefficiencies, present opportunities, and process recommendations, implemented via IT and technological solutions.
- Using different analytical techniques and tools to document business and non-functional requirements (such as expected performance).
- Connecting and bridging domain experts and technology experts by explaining technical terminology to business teams and business requirements to technical teams.
- Working with business to understand the issues/bottlenecks/opportunities and document, in business terms, possible solutions.
- Gathering, identifying, documenting of business requirements, and simplifying them, so that they are easily understood across the whole team. Use tools and techniques to produce high level wireframes and concepts to present to the business teams.
- Supporting business transition and helping to establish change.
- Work in an agile way to ensure the requirements are properly translated into user stories with suitable acceptance criteria.
- Be able to interpret economic and mathematical information and construct attractive charts and diagrams.
- Must be able to produce impressive reports, PowerPoint slides and presentations.
- Translate the research requirements into user stories using Agile tools (such as Azure DevOps)
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with Directors, Senior Managers, and business partners across the organization.
- Produce clear and visually interesting diagrams to explain processes, flow and concepts as required using tools such as Microsoft Visio and PowerPoint.
- Help business stakeholders to embrace digital solutions and new ways of working to drive greater efficiencies and meet their business priorities.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by coordinating the delivery of services to IT key internal customers.
- Understand business challenges and priorities and act as the trusted advisor when it comes to service and technology solutions.
- Responsible for helping to capture, stimulate, prioritize, and shape business demand and lead value delivery.
- Working cross-functionally to successfully align and plan both technical and business initiatives, from conception through to delivery.
- Stakeholder management at all levels of an organization.
- Understanding Business Demand by working with business units and producing Demand Management plans.
The link has been copied to the clipboard