The Senior IT Project Manager will incorporate traditional IT Project Management with experience of agile methods such as sprint planning, daily scrums/stand-ups, sprint/iteration reviews/demos and retrospectives. The goal is to achieve a high level of performance with quality, and deliver agile projects that provide exceptional business value to KAPSARC.
- Certified in Business Analysis, CSM, ITIL, PMI PMP Project Management, Agile Project Management or related.
- IT Degree.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models, and expertise in Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- 5+ years’ experience as Scrum Master or Agile Project Manager.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. PMP preferred.
- Good to have, previously worked on Digital Transformation project as Project Manager.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel.
- Agile Certification such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM).
- Must have experience of Business and Technical Analysis.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools like Azure Devops, Git, Visio, MS Project.
- Expert-level facilitation and communication skills: ability to facilitate teams through tough conversations and maintain a positive and supportive team environment.
- Ability to respond quickly, flexibly and positively to change, using it as an opportunity to learn, develop, practice and support the organization.
- Capable of defining problems, collecting data, establishing fact, drawing conclusions and recommending solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Effectively communicate issues with software and propose solutions.
- Understanding of one or more high level programming languages preferred.
- Be able to work independently and with a team.
- IT Project Planning and Management for different types of IT Projects. Executive dashboarding, reporting and detailed planning.
- Lead and manage large, complex enterprise-level projects.
- Coach members of the team as needed, to optimize the efficiency of the project team.
- Achieve the project goals within designated project constraints.
- Manage stakeholder communications, and help to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Promote empowerment of the team, and ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution.
- Facilitate team organization including sprint planning, daily scrums/stand-ups and sprint/iteration reviews/demos.
- Identify and remove any impediments/distractions that interfere with the team’s ability to deliver against their commitments.
- Facilitate the creation and adoption of working agreements and definitions of done, including the use of appropriate tools, standards and best practices.
- Protect the KAPSARC Development team from uncontrolled injection of work, and ensure changes are evaluated/intentional.
- Ensure that Azure DevOps application lifecycle management tool accurately reflects progress, knowledge and the state of the Scrum teams’ efforts.
- Maintain process documentation, reports and applicable dashboards within appropriate tools.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Assist technical team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
- Serve as an Agile coach within the organization, while implementing and socializing scrum to newly formed teams.
- Organize and facilitate team interactions with other departments and vendors who do not practice scrum to deliver products on time.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and broadcasting information, as needed.
- Assist with backlog maintenance, leading the team through long-term roadmap exercises, forecasting long-term project deliverables.
- Facilitate and lead team meetings that are cross-functional in nature.
- Communicate with business users on functional and technical analysis then produce documentation, user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Co-ordinate onsite and remote team members (lead from technical and non-technical perspective).
The link has been copied to the clipboard