KAPSARC seeks an experienced economist to contribute to its ongoing and future research projects in the fields of energy economics and macroeconomics. The selected candidate will work within the Energy and Macroeconomics Program. The main focus of the senior research fellow should be on empirical analyses in one of the two – preferably at the crossroad of both – research fields.
Senior Research Fellow (macroeconomics & energy economics)
- Auto req ID 241BR
- Ph.D. in economics.
- A proven track record of publications in general-interest economics journals, in journals specialized in macroeconomics, or in leading field journals in energy economics.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical capability to understand and develop economic models to be used for policymaking.
- A good understanding of macroeconomic principles and the energy market (both supply and demand sides), especially in the context of oil.
- The successful candidate is expected to:
- Develop and contribute to research projects and collaborate with other researchers.
- Conduct quantitative economic research on energy or macroeconomics relevant to policymaking in Saudi Arabia or GCC countries.
- Lead and mentor junior team members.
- Improve and develop models.
- Write discussion papers, policy briefs, and other materials derived from research.
- Publish research outcomes in peer-reviewed journals and present them at local or international workshops/conferences.