Solutions Architect will manage all aspects of IT Service Delivery and Solution Architecture. This position includes elements of Technical Business Analysis, Project Management (Traditional and Agile), Solution Architecture, Vendor Management and In-house/Remote Team Management. Solutions Architect will conduct ongoing process review and improvement and act as a liaison between business users and IT development teams.
- 10 years of IT experience of which at least 4 to 5 years in a solution architecture role, providing technical leadership and guidance
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology-related degree (essential)
- Certified in ITIL
Skills (all essential)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Technologies such as ASP.NET/C#
- Awareness of SharePoint, Python and Enterprise Java
- Awareness of mobile development technologies such as Xamarin, Ionic
- Awareness of PHP Content Management solutions
- Awareness of SAP-based solutions and modules
- Good knowledge and experience of UML and technical design
- Ability to manage and schedule work for in-house and remote development teams
- Reasonable working knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure
- Awareness of Information Security principles and practice
- Fluent in English speaking, writing and presentations
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to identify IT training needs and be able to deliver
- A commitment to equality, diversity and community engagement
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and change requests;
- Ability to rapidly establish a good working relationship with users and other professionals, e.g., software developers;
- Ability to self-direct and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage in a high demand/volume work environment with changing priorities.
- Good communication skills and enthusiastic team player.
- Planning and Analysis
- Ensures that IT Service Delivery is coherent and consistent with overall IT strategy.
- Liaises with finance, procurement and other support functions to get required vendor management work done.
- Responsible for building personal relationships with stakeholders, managing the delivery of IT services to them; making sure that services are appropriately planned and delivered to meet user requirements.
- Project Management and Business Analysis activities as required.
- Work with different stakeholders, find out the requirements and document them with appropriate diagrams and explanations. Also produce solution architecture documentation, after speaking to the different technical teams.
- Has strong technical, analytical and communication skills and has the ability to quickly build trust and engagement with internal and external stakeholders.
- Involved in researching, reviewing, and making recommendations on any new corporate software applications or innovations from a perspective of design, solution architecture, integration and technical fit with other systems.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in both waterfall and agile SDLC practices.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in front end UI, Middleware, backend DB, and integration development technologies and practices.
- Advanced ability to research, analyze and recommend new technologies and software applications to meet the company’s needs.
- Present latest technical trends to IT team and business units.
- Ability to work as part of a cross-cultural team.
- Ensure strict conformance to information security measures and apply maximum protection of KAPSARC’s assets.
- Manage the delivery of IT services to ensure smooth day-to-day running, efficient project rollout, efficient use of IT and business resources.
- Ensure the teams follow suitable SDLC and Release Management procedures.
- Conduct Technical Reviews on code and proposed solution design.
- Come up with alternate solution strategies, designs and architectures.
- Should be able to challenge the existing designs and solution options, with justification and recommendations.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of latest trends in Big Data, frontend and mobile development.
- Expert in different services available in Microsoft Azure and AWS Stack.
- Good knowledge of different systems, protocol and technologies used to collect, ingest, transform, store and analyze data.
- Able to architect methods for guiding transformation from current to future state.
- Aware of different Architectural trade-offs.
- Provide Non-functional Requirements (NFR) including security-related in the proposed Architecture solution.
- Aware of different Commercial off the Shelf Solutions (COTS) along with open source options.
Managing Outsourced Service Provider
- Manages the solution delivery of KAPSARC’s IT applications by the contracted outsourced service provider(s) or internal staff.
- Sets and manages IT service KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to ensure Quality of Service (QoS) and customer satisfaction.
- Manages the outsourcing contract penalty system, and coordinates with KASPARC Finance and Procurement departments if any are to be applied.
- Works with KAPSARC teams to review the optimum mix of insourced and outsourced responsibilities.
- Create RFP’s and Technical Evaluation criteria in order to score different bidders and solutions.
- Sets standards for performance and activity reporting. Ensures that other IT staff develop and issue reports that meet the standards.
- Produces “roll up” reports for IT application activity and performance for senior management.
The link has been copied to the clipboard