To lead and manage the Strategy and Institutional initiatives function for KAPSARC responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring the strategic priorities, institutional objectives and KPIs for all departments, as well as overseeing the implementation of organization-wide initiatives and projects in order to ensure the achievement of KAPSARC’s future growth ambitions in an integrated and structured manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering with 12-15 years of relevant experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering with 10-13 years of relevant experience
- Strategy design and implementation
- In conjunction with the President and Executive Team, formulate and direct the implementation of the KAPSARC's strategy in line with vision, mission and corporate objectives, ensuring its effectiveness and relevance to the stakeholders’ ambition and external surroundings.
- Provide advice to Management team to ensure that the overall business strategy is translated into annual operational business plans for every department and performance is monitored to ensure business plans are in line with the overall strategy.
- Ensure the provision of subject matter expertise for the assigned domain and provide counsel to the leadership on all related areas to facilitate the achievement of the strategic objectives
- Provide inputs towards the revision of the organizational strategy and KAPSARC’s company plans based on stakeholder’s feedback, corporate performance, or identification of new needs.
- Provide overall direction for the effective achievement of objectives through effective leadership by setting of individual objectives, managing performance and mentoring and developing team to maximize performance and learning.
- Direct the preparation and consolidation of the department budget and monitor the spend to ensure the budget is well utilized as per the plan.
Strategic Analysis and implementation roadmap
- Lead the internal and external strategic analysis for KAPSARC ensuring a thorough understanding of the broader external landscape and environment in which KAPSARC operates as well as understanding KAPSARC’s strategy and performance trends in order to identify gaps and provide recommendations for improvement to the senior management.
- Develop a comprehensive strategy map that includes strategic objectives, KPIs, implementation plan, identified risks, change management and communication plan etc. in order to provide a clear roadmap on the implementation of strategic priorities for KAPSARC.
- In collaboration with the President and Executive team, design the institutional and department objectives and KPIs, targets and strategic initiatives and cascade these to the departments to ensure overall alignment.
- Oversee the performance of departments against the targets and operational plans, to ensure any deviations are identified and managed in a timely manner.
- Review and assess the business case for initiatives identified by the departments against a prioritization framework in order to provide recommendations to the key stakeholders.
- Oversee and manage the implementation of organization-wide institutional initiatives by identifying owners, allocating resources and communicating implementation plan to all concerned to ensure that they are completed to the highest level of satisfaction, within agreed timescales and budget.
- Review and monitor the project deliverables and timelines, anticipate changing project needs and develop alternative solutions in order to manage any constraints and challenges.
Financial planning and budgeting
- Oversee and manage the annual budgeting process for KAPSARC by facilitating collection of the budgets and operating plans from each department, reviewing and consolidating them, and presenting the budgets / plans to senior stakeholders for approval and validation.
- Review the spend against the budget to ensure any deviations are highlighted and managed in an effective manner.
Communication and Relationship Management
- Develop the strategy communication plan by integrating the initiatives communication from all departments to ensure all related stakeholders are informed and communicated in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage key stakeholder’s expectations to build and foster long-term relationships, providing high-quality professional services to manage their expectations and fulfill their needs.
The link has been copied to the clipboard