This project aims to build knowledge around the measurement of GHG emissions in Saudi Arabia through the following six objectives:
Provide an overview of UNFCCC MRV requirements, with a focus on the Saudi context:
- Review the lessons learned by countries concerning MRV.
- Generate timely estimates of GHG emissions for CO2, CH4, and N2O (i.e., a national GHG inventory) for Saudi Arabia for the most recent time period.
- Compare approaches, methods, and estimates of GHG emissions in Saudi Arabia.
- Generate detailed and disaggregated baseline emission projections for Saudi Arabia.
- Act as a hub for both national and corporate estimates of GHG emissions in Saudi Arabia.