KAPSARC seeks a macroeconomist to contribute to its research projects. The selected candidate will work within the Energy and Macroeconomics Program. The area of interest of applicants should fall within macroeconomic modeling and analysis, with a focus on macro-econometric modeling.The candidate must be interested in working on Saudi Arabia.
- A Ph.D. degree in the field of macroeconomics or applied econometrics.
- Strong econometric skills and analytical capability to understand and develop models to be used for policymaking. Technical skills in macro-econometric modeling are required.
- Previous knowledge of the Saudi economy (or oil-exporting economies in general) would be highly appreciated.
- Having an interest in energy economics and policy would be a plus.
- A proven track record of publications in peer-reviewed general-interest economics journals, journals specialized in macroeconomics, or leading field journals in energy economics is required.
- Ability to work both as a part of a team and independently.
- Ability to communicate research insights to technical and non-technical audiences.
- High level of proficiency in English.
- The successful candidate is expected to:
- Develop research projects and proposals
- Improve, update and develop models
- Draft research papers and timely briefs on relevant topics
- Deliver effective presentations at conferences and workshops
- Mentor junior researchers
- Contribute to the center’s activities
The candidate will also be encouraged to publish the outcomes of the research projects in peer-reviewed journals.
The link has been copied to the clipboard