The Senior Adviser will play an active role in the day-to-day operations of the Advisory Services department. He/she will report to the Director of Advisory Service and manage engagements with clients (Government entities), build relationships with stakeholders and work with consultants/researchers to complete projects and deliver impact to local stakeholders. He/she will coordinate a flex team composed of consultants/researchers with the objective of securing sustainable and long-term relationships with stakeholders per the strategy set forth by KAPSARC’s senior management and Advisory Director. The Senior Adviser will support the development of the flex team to adopt consulting etiquette and deliver high quality work based on best practices.
The creation and development of sustainable solutions in response to client’s requirements within the reach of KAPSARC’s intellectual property and expertise.
Functioning as a bridge that connects the technical dimension of energy economics to policy-relevant applications through client-driven customization of models,methods, and tools engaging with key stakeholders by working with a marketing specialist, PR, legal etc.
- A Master’s or PhD degree in a relevant field (Business Administration / Finance/ International Relationship or Economic Background); Masters preferred
- Specifically, as Senior Advisor, you should be a subject matter expert in one or more of the following: energy markets, economics, modelling platforms and procedures; government and public sector consultancy projects delivery, energy, technology & communications, Financial Services.
- Direct experience working with or within a large, complex, multinational organization is desirable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A proven track record of proactively managing clients and stakeholders, including providing constructive challenge, influencing decisions, providing robust advice, delivering difficult messages and managing performance issues.
- Provide strategic, unbiased and objective advisory services which help stakeholders improve their productivity and overall performance.
- Develop client proposals and lead engagements at the directive of the Advisory Services Director.
- Mentor junior staff members and client counterparts.
- Build lasting relationships with mentees and clients to ensure the success of projects.
- Monitor the entire life cycle of engagements/projects, flag risks and highlight resource requirements where necessary.
- Lead the acquisition of relevant information from clients, the analysis of client issues and present recommendations to clients based on the analysis conducted by the team.
- Manage client expectations and set a schedule for implementing improvements where necessary.
- Participate in networking activities and develop new strategy tools and techniques in relevant areas of expertise.
- Maintain professional relationships with colleagues and client representatives.
The link has been copied to the clipboard